i missed to log a week a second time. the past two weeks were in preparation for the second soft-launch of dae.wiki, my focus all over the place.
- a persistent but unclear problem when reading files from disk was fixed: the reason was self-evident upon slowly reading the code in question, big noob mistake (stream left opened)
- nth re-writing of many details in the editor, in particular block / form-tables
- better search-query integration
- PDF export implementation using weasyprint 1 (for now only one article template)
- git-integration work done by cst is 80% complete, what’s left is to implement the conflict-merge strategy that we discussed in three iterations
- lots of other things i forgot, i took a break after months for the past four days and my brain is thinking about algae farms
dps / magdxa
- first hangout with magdxa, what was being formulated as an intership request has been re-shaped into a project collaboration
- loose topic is to work on a calendar system, which i’ve been interested about for some time: filter-view, deep time, scale and user-perception, etc.
unlike many options relying on chromium that use web technologies to print a webpage (an unnecessarily heavy approach), weasyprint employs python and a bunch of graphic libraries (eg cairo), to convert html into pdf and png files.↩︎