hi! i’m currently looking for small to medium size freelance work, starting from mid-november 2020.
i’ve been working on biggish projects for the past two years, and am keen to take on small to medium gigs. ideally, work that can be done between two weeks (small) and two months (medium) maximum. for example: i put together a simple live-streaming and chat web-app in 3 days (link).
i’ve been working mostly as a programmer (front and backend), and indirectly as a designer (which remains my starting point and general approach to do work).
most work i’ve done is related to the web. i’m about to finish a custom wiki based on git at the moment, where i built both frontend and backend (in collaboration with a few others). last year i’ve been working on what i called “a web-ring powered by machine learning”, or: a “read-more” feature across three web-journals that suggests relevant articles by querying the combined database off all three journals using a machine learning recommendation algorithm.
yes, i am interested in wikis and p2p systems.
git is a proto-example of both, imo. i’d be happy to work on something that is not for the web-browser, but that’s not mandatory.
- php (mostly kirby-cms, but anything necessary i pick it up)
- web-servers (including setting up a mail-server from scratch)
- unix / bash / etc.
- i generally jump into anything i don’t know yet if necessary; hint: i’d like to learn some
- design: both in terms of program and data-structure, as well as for user interfaces; typography is a core underlying principle
the only js-spa framework i’ve used is
i am based in Berlin and know how to work remotely. i like emails.
- Hackers & Designers frontend website (link, git repo)
- python frontend to mediawiki wiki as a CMS
- Platform to Platform (git repo)
- a recommendation tool for networks of independent publishers
- Englishes MOOC (link, git repo)
- a custom massive-online open course for an art project
- Workshop Project (link, git repo)
- combined wiki (dokuwiki) and real-time editor (etherpad) for a series of design workshops
- H&D x The Hmm livestream (link, git repo)
- simple livestream (mux.com) + text-chat (socket.io) web-app
send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. thanks!